Whitening Your Teeth With Charcoal : BeLive Activated Coco Charcoal

by - September 15, 2017

So as you can assume from the title, today I have a review on a charcoal tooth powder that claims to whiten teeth.  This product says that this is a safer alternative to whiten your teeth without causing sensitivity  you would get from using whitening peroxides, harmful chemicals, and bleaches that can also cause damage to your teeth. JADA (Journal of The American Dental Association) says that there has yet been any conclusive evidence that brushing with charcoal is harmful to your teeth, nor has there been evidence that brushing with charcoal is a safe option either. They do say though that it may be to abrasive but there isn't any concrete proof of that either. Now knowing this and knowing that whitening teeth at home with commercial products causes tooth sensitivity and contain harmful chemicals that are bad not only for my teeth but also my health,  I didn't' feel using this tooth powder would be any more dangerous and worth a try.



So I was given BeLive Activated coco Charcoal Teeth Whitening Powder + 2 Free Charcoal Strips free to try. On the box it says it is 100% pure & natural with a mint flavor. It's made with 100% Organic Coconut Charcoal made from Coconut Shells. Its claims it 
  • Whitens Teeth
  • Removes stains from coffee. tea, and beverages
  • Prevents cavities and bad breath 
It also has a note on the box saying that charcoal powder can stain grout and fabrics. Protect counter tops, floors,and clothing before using. Ok, so I don't have any grout in my bathroom so i wasn't to worried about that it didn't stain my counter, as for clothes I got some on my top this morning so chances are that It isn't going to wash out. This product can make a mess so be very careful when handling it. There are more than one reason it says to brush gently. Because if you brush hard and fast it can be overly abrasive on your teeth most likely and if you brush to fast chances are you are going to get some all over the wall and mirror. 

I did have a lot of fun using this tooth powder for 9 days. While using this product I did not taste any type of minty taste it really didn't have a taste at all. I have really yellow teeth I will say. I drink lots of coffee, lots of tea, and lots of soda. Caffeine is my best friend when trying to make it through the day with my 6 kids. So when I began you can see I had very yellow teeth from the picture below. I've been trying baking soda and peroxide for teeth whitening and it didn't really help. 

As you can see in the pictures my teeth did get whiter. Using this tooth powder was really interesting. It did make my mouth feel clean, but i really don't feel like it freshens breath. It was pretty messy and my counter is white so i had to wipe it down after I brushed using this powder. Which isn't a big deal because I do that anyway. I did have a lot of fun using this as I said, it was fun pretending I was auditioning to be a zombie in The Walking Dead. 
I also tried one of the strips that came with this, I did not enjoy this. I don't think I would really enjoy any tooth strip though unless you can drink with it. When I'm told i can't do something it makes me want it even more. So knowing I shouldn't drink for the 30-60 min i was to keep the strips in made me feel extremely dehydrated and I had to use all my willpower to not drink any water. Here's a picture of me using the strips. I also enjoyed pretending I lost all my teeth while wearing this. I am very good at entertaining myself. 

 So this is my honest review. You can find this charcoal powder at amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072JTT4N1



You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

March 2018 Simply Earth Recipe Box + First Big Bonus Box Review

This post is so late, I've had so much going on and it just kept getting put on the back burner. Life with six kids is always chaot...