Vivo Per Lei Retinol Wrinkle Solution Thermal Mask Review

by - September 19, 2017

I've always taken for granted the nice skin and hair I was blessed with, never have I ever considered taking any steps to keep it looking nice and healthy. I was in for a great shock when I had my last child 3 years ago. Not only did I lose a good portion of my beautiful hair but my face became dry and over all dull looking. This year I've been really taking steps to make it look and feel healthier. At almost 32 I know that wrinkles are likely just around the corner. So when I was given a chance to review Vivo Per Lei Retinol Wrinkle Solution Thermal Mask I didn't have to think twice about saying yes. 


When I got it in the mail I was delighted from the moment I saw the magnetic cardboard packaging. I love the product packaging as much as the box it came in, it's simple and sophisticated, something I wouldn't mind leaving out on my counter. On Vivo's sight they say that this mask dissolves makeup residue, dirt, and impurities leaving your face more clear and you feeling more confident. I am not sure if this is supposed to be used daily or weekly. The description makes me think daily, but the fact that this is a mask makes me think weekly. I checked out their website and it doesn't mention how often to use this mask either.

On the packaging it mentions that it has kaolin clay, aloe vera and peptides which is what gives you the luminous and hydrating look. Kaolin is a really great ingredient. It has a lot of great benefits

  • Reduces oily skin by soaking up oils and stale sebum (naturally made by the skin) oil on skin and in pores which makes it great for people with acne. 
  • Detoxifies by pulling out impurities 
  • Very mild which makes it good for those with sensitive skin and can even soothe irritated skin. 
Aloe Vera is also a great ingredient it's used to soothe and moisturize skin. 
The Peptide they use in this formula is Palmitoyl Oligopeptide which is used in a lot of high end wrinkle creams because it has less side effects and is great for those with more sensitive skin. It helps boost collagen production which gives your skin the smooth wrinkle free look this product promises. This product also has Vitamin E and A (Retinol) in it. The only ingredient I am a little wary of is the Vitamin A Palmitate this ingredient unlike the others has a rating on ewg site as hazardous. This form of Vitamin A does plump skin and boost collagen production, it's gentler and great for those with sensitive skin. But when Retinyl Palmitate is exposed to sunlight it does create free radicals that can damage your DNA. It's been shown to cause cancer at low dosage in lab tested animals. Also having to much Vitamin A can be toxic and should be something you are aware of when checking ingredients in your products. It's also advised that Pregnant & Breastfeeding women not use products containing Retinyl Palmitate.  

So with that being said. I did like this product. My skin had been looking dull and oily the night I tried this mask. I had washed my face 3 times that day and didn't use moisturizer but couldn't get the oil off. After using this mask my face looked brighter and felt a lot fresher and very soft and smooth. It's a great mask I just wish they would take out the Retinyl Palmitate. It also makes me think, well maybe I will just use this mask at night. If you are interested in this product you can find it on the amazon link below. 
I was given this product at a great discount to try and to give my honest review on. You can see me trying this product on my youtube channel. 


Sources:





You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

March 2018 Simply Earth Recipe Box + First Big Bonus Box Review

This post is so late, I've had so much going on and it just kept getting put on the back burner. Life with six kids is always chaot...