2018 March Ipsy Review

by - March 20, 2018


Ipsy is a monthly makeup subscription bag for $10 a month. You get 4 deluxe sized samples and usually 1 full sized product. The full sized products tend to be lip products, nail polishes, and brushes. I really feel like its usually a great value, for only $10 you really can't go wrong. Every month you get a new makeup bag as well. You can check out Ipsy HERE


This month's Ipsy theme was Create and everyone got this cute canvas makeup bag with 2 markers. I think there were 4 different colored markers you could have gotten in different combinations. As you can see I received the pink and highlighter yellow colors which I think was a cute combo. I really love this month's makeup bag. I love that it is made of canvas and I was able to color it myself to make it my own. This is what I received this month, Ipsy gave out 40 different products this month and depending on if you review and fully fill out your profile you can somewhat ensure you will get something you will enjoy. I am usually happy with everything I get in Ipsy, I don't have high expectations since they are only sample sizes but I do always have my fingers crossed for brushes! This month they gave out a handful of cute brushes and beauty blenders, I am a little bummed I didn't receive one but maybe I'll get lucky next month. 


Pure Cloud Cream with Arctic berries and peptides by skyn ICELAND  .33 fl. oz. 

I love whenever I get anything Iceland brand. I received an eye cream a few months ago and really loved it. This Pure cloud cream is super thick and just melts into your skin! There should be enough in this sample to enjoy this face cream for at least a week. 



Lash Alert Mascara by Eyeko London  .06 fl oz

I love getting these small samples of mascara. I don't wear makeup everyday, although I would love to but I just really don't get around to it. Call it busy.. call it lazy maybe a little of both. Full sized mascara's are wasted on me since you are suppose toss them every three months and I can't finish a full size in that time. I will try this one as soon as I finish up my Tarte Lights, Cameras, Lashes deluxe sample. The back says, Give your lashes a lift with a shot of Caffeine & a double dose of fibers for instant volume, curls and definition. Hmmm, any one try this? What are your thoughts on this mascara? 



Mint Balm Dotcom by Glossier  .24 fl oz
I love mint lip balms, I love the tingly feeling you get from them. This is actually a salve so its really thick and seals in the moisture. This balm can be used on your lips, your cuticles are on dry skin like elbows and knuckles. I'll only be using this for my lips, I really like how thick it is without being sticky and noticeable. It's a little to oily for me to use as a skin salve. 


Sex Kitten by Tarte Cosmetics  .0035 oz 

I love getting eyeliners as long as they are not liquid or are black.  I love tarte brand so I was really happy to receive this. It's creamy and smudge proof and long lasting, what more can you ask for? 



Lip Kit Pencil By Contour Cosmetics  .01 oz 

This is my full size product I received this in the color JuJu which is a peachy nude. I love getting nude colors and that's usually what I wear so I'm really happy with this lip pencil. This pencil felt really creamy when I swatched it. I love the gold packaging. 


Here is a swatch of the sex kitten eyeliner and the lipliner in juju. 


Here is my bag after I colored it in. I'm really liking it. This will be my go to make up bag for the next few months it's the perfect size for my purse. 

So what did you think of my Ipsy this month? Do you get Ipsy? What did you think of your bag and it's contents? This is one of my favorite subscriptions that I get because I love trying out new things and I really love all the face products I receive. I love that a lot of the products that Ipsy sends out are cruelty free and a good portion are ingredient conscious. If you would like to subscribe to Ipsy but aren't sure let me know,  Ipsters are given a chance to give out a free glam bag to 5 first time subscribers. I believe there is no wait list at the moment. 



You May Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

March 2018 Simply Earth Recipe Box + First Big Bonus Box Review

This post is so late, I've had so much going on and it just kept getting put on the back burner. Life with six kids is always chaot...