DIY Slime Fail and Foam Balls

by - October 01, 2017


So I thought since I received these bags of mini foam balls i'd TRY making slime. I've been pretty busy so I wanted the quickest and easiest recipe I could find, with the least amount of ingredients. So I settled on just glue and contact solution like in the commercials. HA. So simple right. NO, first off,  this slime stuff is so huge right now, the only place in town with glue was Micheals. Of course I hadn't prepared for michaels so no coupons! I love paying $3 for 4 oz of glue, the frugal side of me just cringes! Whatever. So I go to make the slime, but come to find out the commercial lies! You also need a baking soda and water mixture. Ok whatever, frugal housewife 101 always keep at least 10 lbs of baking soda on hand. So we get our slime all mixed up. Yay! We add the foam balls, kids are crazy excited and happily mix them in well. Let the kids play with it.


The kids had an absolute blast playing with this slime. It came out well but the foam balls were popping out all over the place! They wouldn't stay in the slime. I think that this slime recipe just isn't the right one for these but there are so many out there and you get so much in these bags that we have enough to make a few different recipes before we run out and have to buy more. These balls were all over the kitchen but thankfully they really weren't  hard to sweep up. Even though our slime recipe was a fail these foam balls are a great add in and are very inexpensive. I'm going to start looking for a new recipe maybe one specifically for "floam" which is what it's called when you add these little styrofoam balls. Also I need to find some other fun projects to do with them. If you know of any please let us know! 

You can find these styrofoam balls on amazon 

I was given the foam balls for free to give an honest review of them. 

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. This looks like fun! :) My nephew should like something like this.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

March 2018 Simply Earth Recipe Box + First Big Bonus Box Review

This post is so late, I've had so much going on and it just kept getting put on the back burner. Life with six kids is always chaot...